Training, Certification, and Staff Development
ODS security training ensures all officers and management are current on all aspects of security requirements and prepared to handle any security or safety situation which may arise. We take training and staff development seriously and we have dedicated resources and a comprehensive training strategy to manage this important aspect of our business.
All security personnel must successfully complete an initial training session for a minimum of eight (8) hours. Training encompasses multiple components, including:
- Training on regulatory acronyms and definitions
- Adherence to expectations of agency regulatory bodies if applicable
- Discernment between security issues related to multiple types of issues – such as security issues surrounding individuals who may be a danger to themselves and others
- Assessment of basic safety violations which may be encountered by the officer during patrols to circumvent and mitigate situations before they escalate (utilizing lowest level of security force necessary for containment)
- Competency Reviews
- Management and Leadership Development
- Specific departmental training curriculum as needed
- Client product/service training when appropriate
In addition, they must complete a 40-hour on-boarding officer training course which is administered by certified ODS trainers and personnel. This comprehensive training includes:
- 28 hours of classroom or one-to-one training with officers
- 12 hours of hands-on experience with training officer in client’s environment
We also offer Certification Programs for qualified officers and management, such as Certified Protection Professional (CPP).
ODS is committed to ongoing training and staff development to ensure optimal levels of security and to support hiring and retention efforts for the organization. We believe that an investment in people pays off every day in their performance, attitude, and commitment to us and our clients.